Saturday, June 23, 2007

Driving On The Road

Well,it's been more than one year eversince i got my driving license,and surprisingly,i never even try to drive on the road.Now if you asked me where is the gear, i might say that isn't the gear is on my feet there? So, finally after realizing how stupid and ignorant am i, i decided to take initiative to re-learn my driving skills and of course drive on the road.

The opportunity came when my dad's friend borrowed our space here to park his car,due to some i don't know reasons,but well, who cares? More importantly, he left his keys to my dad, and that will mean that i have an '' experiment car '' to drive on road,lol. Actually, there are many reasons why i wanna to use his car.First, it's because it's small and sort of ''friendly-user'' type of car; second, that car is not my family car,so if anything happened, i guess it will be fine,haha ( though of course,we will have to pay for that ) and last but not least, my dad already helped him to fill up his gas to maximum limit using my dad's money,so of course i don't want to waste and let his friend takes all the advantages.


So, 1st day, i took the keys, got into the car, fit perfectly ( since i am small in saiz as well ), stucked in the keys ,turned on the engine, and hit on the road without even think of warming up first by driving around in my house compound! Of course , my sister was beside me, though she looked excited, but i can tell from her face that she was afraid too.Well,i guess everyone will scare too if they know that the car they are sitting in has a driver who doesnt even know where is the gear's location....So,actually i really wanna to thank my sister for ''risking her life'' sitting beside me and tutoring me.


Minutes later, i was on the road....smooth and nothing bad happened.Well, everything was fine. Ok, the show started when i reached the T-junction. Usually, people will stop, turn the gear to gear 1 or 2 , give signal, wait no car, then turn. And for my ''special'' case, i never stop, never change the gear, never give signal and never wait,but i turned. My sister was in shocked, and immediately, i can hear she screamed and shouted at me, scolding me....Ok,nevermind,we were safe,and more importantly, i learned. What a significant lesson...


So,we continued until we got into the street, everything was fine except that i almost hit a person and a car since the road is narrow. After that, we needed to get to the main road, so it meant that we have another junction. Of course , after all the scolding and shouting, i learned. Thus, this time i stopped, i changed the gear, i put signal, and i checked for cars.'' No cars...1,2 and 3 go.....''Great, the engine died and the car started to slide back ,almost knocked the car behind, luckily my response was fast enough to step on the break before i hit the car behind and smashed both cars. I survived!!! No....more precisely, we survived,haha.And i never got scolded by driver behind me, only by my sister,again. But i can look from the back mirror that the driver seemed to look afraid and tense.Really felt sorry for him though.After that, i turned back the engine and this time, successfully got into the main road and i guess my sister had enough heart attacks, so we decided to head back home.

After turning off the engine, we got out off the car. Then i looked back at the small Kelisa ( name of the car, local product of Malaysia ), it's really a nice car to drive, easilly handled and very convenient ,at least for people whose saiz like me. But then i looked carefully, and found something was not right. After few seconds, i finally realized that there was no ''P'' marker on the car which supposingly should be pasted there,so that people will know that the driver just got his/her license for less than 3 years, and extra attention should be given to them.Well, for my case, the ''P'' marker probably serves more than that,to tell the road users to pay more atttention, to be extra careful and alert when they approached me.And fortunately, i didn't meet police just now,or else i might have gotten a ticket.


It was fun,at last although i get scolded lots of times by my sister. But the good part is i learnt and i am getting better on my driving skills. I guess few more days of practice can definitely help me to improve better and well not more than one week, i believe i will be able to drive people on road.....safely.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Pls... did you have to sit on top of a stack of pillows in order to reach the steering wheel and be able to see through the front window? LOL