Friday, April 24, 2009

I Dreamed A Dream

For past few weeks, i was busy preparing for my exams, studying and stressing myself to cope up with the different projects, family and all the small little things in life. And when i am alone in my room, i dreamed of the past and the dreams i used to have. Dreams that probably have been killed by myself, i was wondering, and well my day just gone down the slope...

That day while my groupmates and i were sitting and discussing at the learning suite, they opened the youtube link and Susan Boyle in Bristh Got Talent show 2009, stunning the whole audience including the judges, with her beautiful voice singing 'I Dreamed A Dream' from Les Miserables musical. It was touching to hear the song, and get the message and wake up call from God that never ever to look down at people who you think is 'lower standard' than you are. Incredible...

Perhaps the song somehow reflected how i feel recently, dreams that have been consumed by the reality. Listening to the song again, and i can't stop the tears of love and innocence from rolling in my eyes, as if i have been touched by an angel...


There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting.
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting.
There was a time ...then it all went wrong...

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hopes were high and life worth living,
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid,
When dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine untasted.


But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dreams to shame

He slept a summer by my side.
He filled my days with endless wonder,
He took my childhood in his stride,
But he was gone when autumn came.

And still I dream he'll come to me
And we will live the years together!
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather.

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream
I dreamed...


(I Dreamed A Dream, Les Miserables)


Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream - Susan Boyle

No comments: